Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday Musings: Where I'll be at BEA

Happy Monday!


Wow, BEA is just around the corner; only a couple more days till I'll be flying out to New York City for the biggest publishing trade show of the year.


For those of you going to BEA, here's a quick schedule of where I'll be.



Wednesday, May 28th

Teen Author Carnival 
6pm-9pm
Jefferson Market Library
425 Avenue of the Americas

I'll be at the TAC with several other authors including Adi Alsaid, Cara Lynn Shultz, and Jennifer L. Armentrout.  First time as a TAC author, woohoo!  






Thursday, May 29th

Harlequin Teen Blogger Breakfast
8am-10am
Javits Center, Room 1A12


My Thursday starts bright and early with the Harlequin Teen Blogger Breakfast.  I am NOT a morning person, so if you see me and I look a wee bit zombie-like, I'm not ignoring you, I swear; my brain just hasn't woken up yet.  ;-)




Harlequin Teen signing hour
11:30-12:30
Harlequin Booth










I'll be signing copies of TALON at the Harlequin Booth, so if you want an arc, be sure to arrive early.  I think they have a very limited amount of arcs.  Plus, if the signing is anything like the previous year's, the lines are going to be crazy.












Friday, May 30th

Nothing official on the schedule for Friday, so you might catch me wandering around the Javits floor or hanging out with friends.  If you see me, please come say hello.  :-)





Saturday, May 31st

Signing
9:30-10am
Javits Center, Autograph Booth #2763
Signing THE FOREVER SONG


Teen Signing
12:15-12:45
Javits Center, Harlequin Booth
Not entirely sure what I'll be signing here.






Also, don't forget to check my blog Thursday and Friday for pictures of the dragons hanging out around the Javits Center.  If you can find where they've been, you could win a dragon and a signed Talon arc!

Full details for the Dragonhunt contest here.








This isn't everything I have to do, of course. My BEAs tend to be extremely hectic, with interviews, meetings, lunches, and other obligations.  That's not me complaining; I love BEA and I have an awesome time every year, but if you catch a glimpse of me sprinting across the Javits floor with my poor editor close behind, we're probably on our way to a meeting or interview and have approximately 12 seconds to get from one end of the Javits to the other. But if you do catch me in a rare moment of down time, I'm more than happy to chat, take pictures, grab a soda, whatever.

That's it!  Hope to see you there!


-Julie



4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting!
    ... Why isn't the BEA in Stuttgart (Germany)? *big teardrop*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll share loads of photos and stories of BEA when you come back with those of us that couldn't go, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lord, the Harlequin Teen Hour is ALWAYS so busy! I usually make it so that I am like in the first 5 people on the line but still. I don't know, this year it seems extra frightening.

    ReplyDelete